Hi Gang! Today I wanted cover two topics. First, I wanted to start with a video I found on the Internet. Second, I want to cover something that is hard for many people this time of year. With that said, check out this cool video and then come back to read the rest of this post.
What did you think of the video? I love how there are so many creative ideas for problems. Speaking of problems did you know that many people struggle this time of year? It is sad because most people wonderful memories of a Christmas that was wonderful or even magical at some point in their lives. However, people can struggle with Christmas or the holidays for a number of reasons. Here are just a few examples:
- Loss – perhaps the loss of a loved one, dear friend, or even a job
- Being lonely or just sad
- Some type of financial difficulty
- Stress, Anxiety, Worry, Anger
- The list goes on and on
All humans struggle on some level. Holidays can trigger discouragement for many people. I have a challenge for you. Would you consider encouraging another person? When you go about your normal day, think about one person in your life who you think could be struggling. Take action by demonstrating genuine interest in that person. Here are some ideas to get you started.
- Start a conversation with someone asking a few questions and listen intently
- Let this person know you care them
- Ask this person how you can help
- Tell this person something that makes you admire them. Be specific
- Give encouraging words verbally and on paper – a card is nice 🙂
- Spend time with this person. Spending time with someone can really help someone
If you are struggling this holiday season know that you are loved. You have a purpose. Despite painful circumstances… you are alive and you do have hope. Feelings are just feelings, but here is an unchanging truth. God loves you more than you can fathom. He created you for a purpose and you can talk to Him anytime you want. You see Christmas is about God loving you the greatest gift in human history: Himself. He made a path to for us to be with Him thru his Son Jesus if we just believe. Consider the following.
So if you know of someone who is struggling this holiday season or if you are hurting know many people want to help you. God loves you and so do I.